Monday, December 31, 2007

Gregory Michael: Hot Newbie in Distress


RockYou FXText - Get Your Own











Gregory and Charlie play Kevin and Toby, the show's main romantic couple, who are constantly being pulled apart by outside forces including Adam (Fleming) who has loved Toby since high school and Ambrosious (William Gregory Lee, pictured with Michael, above), a powerful warlock who only has eyes for Kevin. Gregory compared Kevin and Toby to "Ross and Rachel on 'Friends.' You want them to be together. But Ambrosius is looking mighty fine over there!"







During the break from the show, the 25-year-old Gregory is focusing on his music career and performing gigs with his band, Auxburn. They hope to release a CD of their music next year which he describes as "John Mayer meets Coldplay."
Since Gregory is straight in real life and had a recurring role on "As the World Turns" prior to getting cast in "Dante's Cove," he did consider possible career ramifications of playing a gay man - especially one who is involved in graphic lovemaking scenes with another man.







"I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it. I did. We did it before 'Brokeback Mountain.' But I played a date rapist on 'As the World Turns' for two years and I'm not a date rapist. It's another job to me and I'm getting recognized and there are a lot of possibilites on the horizon."






He believes "Dante's Cove,"which airs on the here! TV pay channel, has come along "at a time in our society where [sexuality] doesn't matter to people and I think it's wonderful."
So for a straight and single man, how is he so convincing in all of those love scenes?
"I'm definitely straight," he says, laughing. "But Charlie is just amazing and good."







On his MySpace, he writes:

"Hello everyone! Well, I was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and grew up there my parents and an older sister. I attended a private catholic school from pre-school to high-school.

I lived in Philly until I went away to college at Pennsylvania State University. After only a year and a half, I made a decision and took the chance to follow my dreams. I moved to the Big Apple. After only being in New York City for a short while I had a singing / acting audition for the Walt Disney Company. Amazingly, I landed the a job to work for Mickey Mouse, which was always a dream of mine since I was a young boy.

After taking the job at Disney World in Florida, I discovered that the shows and performances at these theme parks would turn out to be just that - theme park shows. So I decided to branch out into my other talents, singing and dancing. Living in Orlando (POP Capital of the WORLD) I began to write music and record with some of the biggest acts out at the time. I started to rub elbows with all the right people but just as my singing career was about to take off my acting career did too I left Florida, and went back to NYC for my first big acting gig. I Landed a role on one of the oldest shows on television, the CBS soap opera 'As The World Turns'. Working on more than 3 dozen episodes was an amazing experience for me. It was like boot camp for actors.

Always looking to better my career and move up and on, I felt that the only place I could be, that would be more beneficial to my acting career, was Los Angeles. With that in mind, and little hesitation, I left the soap, moved from NYC and made another risky move.

Los Angeles, California, is now my new home. Far from where I grew up, I only knew a couple of people who live here. Since the move out west, I have been a part of The following TV Series: "Dante's Cove", & "Just Legal" & the Movie: "Running out of Time in Hollywood" "






Some Gregory Michael Facts









• Basics
Name: Gregory Michael
Nicknames: G. Michael, GM, Gregoi Michelle
Birthday: 05.30
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Birth place: Philadelphia
Hometown: Philadelphia
Current residence: Los Angeles
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Brown
Ethnicity: Caucasion
Pets: None
Languages: English, Italian, Spanish

• Favorites
Color: Blue
Food: Philadelphia Soft Pretzel
Movies: Usual Suspects, Any Disney Animated films
Television shows: Lost, Grey's Anatomy
Cartoons: Family Guy, Gummi Bears,
Car: Land Rover LR2
Cities: Venice, Florence. Prague, NYC

• Hobbies
Singing, dancing, surfing, snowboarding, scuba diving, traveling, play the guitar, piano, writing songs





Filmography








• Dante's Cove (2005)
Playing: Kevin Archer


• Just Legal (2005)
Episode: The Limit
Playing: Greg - Partygoer


• "As the World Turns" (2003-2004)
Playing: Clark Watson


• Running Out of Time in Hollywood (2006)
As Himself


• Here! Backlot (2005) - Dante's Cove
As Himself


• Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade (2003)
As Himself


• Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade (2002)
As Himself



No comments: