Saturday, December 29, 2007

Johnny Castle: Playgirl's Man of the Year
































































































On the importance of looks in showbiz: People react first to what they see, so the look I present is that important first impression. And, since first exposure is often from images, a lot of what people think and expect is based just on the visual. I could well be a total twit in person with a voice like a fog horn and the personality of a sewer rat. (Actually, the voice ain't bad and the personality seems not to offend most people.) My strengths in addition to the bod involve a willingness to take risks, try new things, show up on time (ready to work) and generally try to be the cooperative and easygoing jock I really am.




















On how his career in modelling began: Just over a year ago I had a test shoot with PLAYGIRL photographer Greg Weiner in New York. Those images were shared by a casting director in California with a number of photographers and producers, and I got some work. One thing led to another and I'm now working about as much as I can, some weeks - almost every day.




















About his website (www.johnny-castle.com ): The website is a collection of still and video imagery - largely fine art figure studies - including outstanding work by some of the most respected fitness, physique and human figure photographers on the planet. I've had the privilege to work with great people like Louis LaSalle, Karl Simone, Dennis Covey, Greg Curcio and Mark Henderson - and, of course, Greg Weiner.




















More of his interviews at connex247!




















No comments: